[NIFL-FAMILY:2748] Re: Advocacy

From: Pace Hopkins Co (pace@spis.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 08:12:48 EST

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:12:48 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: pace@spis.net (Pace Hopkins Co)
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2748] Re: Advocacy

Thank you for that very nice letter about our role as a citizen and how we can make an effort to have a voice in legislature and politics.  Many times I feel like a little "drop in the bucket" in these matters but discussing a program we are doing in a positive way just might be a task in which more should take action.
Of course, we in the Kentucky area are concerned about the legislature actions on adult education and family literacy and I would like to know some of your comments on what is going on in the Kentucky legislature.  It is possible to lobby for family literacy services?
Thank you,
Judy Ashmore