[NIFL-FAMILY:3070] PBS LiteracyLink: The value of correctional education

From: Nancy Sledd (nsledd@famlit.org)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 11:02:42 EDT

Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:02:42 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Nancy Sledd" <nsledd@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:3070] PBS LiteracyLink:  The value of correctional education

Sorry...thought I had posted this to y'all last night....Nancy Sledd, list
moderator

THE VALUE OF CORRECTIONAL EDUCATION WITH STEVE STEURER
		Join PBS LiteracyLink for an interesting discussion with our
very special forum guest Steve Steurer.  Steve Steurer is the Executive
Director of the Correctional Education Association, an international
educational organization for incarcerated adults.  Steve has been teaching
professionally for over 30 years.  He is an outspoken supporter of
additional funding for public adult education, incarcerated or free.
		From August 1-15 ask Steve questions about adult literacy or
his work.  Read our  *Question and Answer Forum* for the answers to your
questions on September 1.  Should our tax dollars go to educating inmates?
Let us know what you think.  Direct your questions to our forum at
http://www.pbs.org/literacy/forum/steve/linkerforumsteve.html
<http://www.pbs.org/literacy/forum/steve/linkerforumsteve.html>  or go to
LiteracyLink's homepage at http://www.pbs.org/literacy/
<http://www.pbs.org/literacy/>  and then click on LitLinker Forum with Steve