[NIFL-FAMILY:2785] Family literacy in School and Public Libraries

From: Karen McIntyre (kjmcinty@tenet.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 11:28:25 EST

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:28:25 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Karen McIntyre <kjmcinty@tenet.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2785] Family literacy in School and Public Libraries

Several years ago I received funding for a program that we ran out of
our public library.  It was exciting, but I found the lack of continuing
contact with those families frustrating.  They came into the library
after the program (not all of course), but only to check out books and
participate in the programs for kids.

Now I am in a Public School library and I'd like to see what kinds of
Family Literacy programs are being used in this setting.  I'm hoping to
find a model that we can modify and use.  If you know of sites or place
I can look please let me know.  I'll be glad to poast a "hit" of
results.

Karen McIntyre
Librarian - Richland Elementary
Richardson, TX