[NIFL-FAMILY:2646] Re: relocation

From: KUTHFAM@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 08:33:57 EST

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:33:57 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: KUTHFAM@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2646] Re: relocation

In a message dated 1/10/00 8:18:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
caroljb@hotmail.com writes:

<< My parents need family with them.  My mom is in critical condition and
will
 have a long convalescence.  My dad is recovering from bypass surgery.  They
 will need medical and family help.  I'm the 'spinster' with itchy feet.  I
 didn't plan on moving for another two years but my mother almost died on
 Christmas.  It's very important to have family and familiar surroundings for
 older people as you well know.  North Carolina is their home.  I also need
 to be with them.  My other sisters for one reason or another can't relocate.
   I can tho it means dropping all the very hard work I've done here to build
 a network.  I plan on finding a support group - others taking care of
 parents - and
 find some workshops for caretakers.  Any suggestions are more than welcome!
 Thanks, Carol

Is it possible to take  a leave of absence  (family leave) and later return
to your current position?