Re: [NIFL-FAMILY:3034] Programs for Adults & Teens

From: Elizabeth Knight (marbet@rockies.net)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 19:58:17 EDT

From: Elizabeth Knight <marbet@rockies.net>
To: <nifl-family@nifl.gov>
Subject: Re: [NIFL-FAMILY:3034] Programs for Adults & Teens
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:58:17 -0600

I don't know of a program such as this but I was just thinking that a book
club/reading circle for teens and their parents would be a wonderful idea.
You would need to carefully choose the books to appeal to both age groups
but the opportunities for discussion on a wide range of topics would be
tremendous.  Such a program could offer lots of opportunity for literacy
skill development and be a great tool to open lines of communication and
support within families.