[NIFL-FAMILY:2698] EFF content standards announcement

From: Nancy Sledd (nsledd@famlit.org)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 07:29:17 EST

Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:29:17 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Nancy Sledd" <nsledd@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2698] EFF content standards announcement

I would like to announce that you can now order the official Equipped for
the
Future Content Standards: What Adults Need to Know and Be Able to Do in the
21st Century.This document describes the EFF development process, how the
EFF
Standards work, examples of how teachers from our field development process
used EFF for teaching and learning with the EFF framework, and where EFF is
headed in the next few years as we develop the EFF assessment system and
continue our research and data collection process as we work towards
standards-based system reform.

To order single copies of the Standards, please call ED Pubs at
1-877-433-7827 and request publication number NIFL EX 0099P.  (If 877 is not
available in your area, call 1-800-872-5327).  If you want to use the
TTY/TDD
line, please call 1-800-437-0833.  You can also e mail ED Pubs to request
the
Standards at edpubs@inet.ed.gov.  Please request the publication number no
matter how you order.

To order multiple copies, please send your request to the new Equipped for
the Future National Center housed at the University of Maine.  The new
Center
is responsible for training, staff development, technical assistance and
materials and materials development for EFF implementation.  Please e mail
your requests with your mailing address, number of copies requested to Faye
Olsen, the Center's assistant director, at mco@mint.net or call her at
207-581-2458.  You can also call Faye to inquire about staff development
events or to discuss customizing staff development for your system.

We look forward to working with you as you implement EFF.

Lisa Levinson
Director
Equipped for the Future National Center
5766 Shibles Hall