[NIFL-FAMILY:2676] RE: Correctional Family Literacy

From: Dave Page (dpage@frontiercollege.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 13:23:39 EST

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:23:39 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Dave Page <dpage@frontiercollege.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2676] RE: Correctional Family Literacy

I use a video called 'BOOKTIME'
I have seen and used many family literacy videos - but this is my favourite
because it avoids talking heads (no visible narrator) and
has many parents / grandparents reading and interacting with children of
various ages. A lot of creative literacy activities are depicted and
recommended. The message is clear and well presented.  The video is
inclusive to many ethnic communities partly because the people in the video
are conversing in a great variety of languages. AND - the people are
'regular folk" eg: not Rodeo Drive
Copies of the video are made in several languages, but the subject families
in the video were not dubbed.
To order Booktime video: Rita at 416- 395-6571 (TORONTO DISTRICT SCHOOL
BOARD, #3 Tippett Rd., North York, , ON. CANADA M3H 2V1) attn: Rita - - .
Translations in Spanish, Vietnamese & Japanese: for discount on copies. $25
plus shipping and tax (which is probably about $20 U.S. in total)