[NIFL-FAMILY:2670] Re: Even Start evaluation

From: Angie Swisher (aswish@access.mountain.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 16:32:45 EST

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:32:45 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Angie Swisher <aswish@access.mountain.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2670] Re: Even Start evaluation

At 02:16 PM 1/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>---
>
>Hi all - I'm wondering whether anyone knows if there
>have been any studies looking at how adult Even Start
>participants do after a couple years out of the
>program.  This would be a parent who graduates and
>then looking back at how what they learned in the
>program is being used now, what they are doing now,
>etc.
>
>Please send responses to either my personal email
>below or the listserve if you think others will find
>it useful.

Our local Even Start program hired a professional journalist to interview
four of our pariticipants as part of our process evaluation in 1998-99. The
result was a very nice article that contains the personal case histories of
these families and their experience with Even Start. There is information
pertinent to the adult education component. If you would like a copy please
e-mail me with your name and mailing address. Please use my personal e-mail
and not the list serve. Thanks.