[NIFL-4EFF:1981] Re: EFF and GED classrooms

From: Lora Zangari (lora_zangari@iu13.org)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:51:49 EST

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:51:49 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Lora Zangari <lora_zangari@iu13.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-4EFF:1981] Re:  EFF and GED classrooms

          Reply to:  RE: [NIFL-4EFF:1979] Re:  EFF and GED classrooms
Please believe me, I wasn't proposing to trick students into doing anything. The point of a transparent approach is quite the contrary. In fact, that was my point. I guess I didn't make that clear. I'm sure that some learners, just as some instructors, are very reluctant to try something new, or what might be contrary to their expectations of student/teacher roles. And I've had learners who came in, took the OPT and then the GED and that was that. However, most of the learners I meet are interested in learning and developing skills, not just studying. I believe that I must allow for choice.
Lora Zangari
Lancaster-Lebanon IU13
Adult & Family Literacy Education
International English Training Program