[NIFL-FAMILY:1178] Re: Low Level High Interest Novels

From: Dana Eness (eness@leh.org)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 17:50:08 EDT

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:50:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Dana Eness <eness@leh.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1178] Re: Low Level High Interest Novels

PS  Re:  PRIME TIME:  I should also add that we have on occasion worked
with adult literacy providers to provide the PRIME TIME books to the adult
learners as part of the adult ed coursework and then coordinated evening
PRIME TIME programs with those adults so that they can come with their
children to the evenings discussion with a good handle on the books.  That
worked wonderfully, but differed from many PRIME TIMEs in the high level of
discussion that ensued and the fact that the parents dominated discussion.

Dana Eness, PRIME TIME FAMILY READING TIME