[NIFL-FAMILY:1000] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

From: Virginia Tardaewether (tarv@exchange.chemeketa.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 14:55:26 EDT

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:55:26 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Virginia Tardaewether <tarv@exchange.chemeketa.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1000] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

I think that many teachers are not comfortable having parents (or any other
adult) in their classrooms.  Parental involvement may be a teaching style
issue.

I know even at the community college level where students are adults, my
peers often are uncomfortable having other staff visit their classrooms.

Why is that anyway?
Va

Virginia Tardaewether

Chemeketa {Place of Peace}