[NIFL-FOBASICS:200] Re: Who's responsible for what?

From: ralph silva (silva_ralph@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 13:47:48 EST

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:47:48 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "ralph silva" <silva_ralph@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:200] Re: Who's responsible for what?

Betsy makes an interesting point. Do we run the danger of leaving a rather
heavy footprint on the lives of our learners, when we emphasize EFF
performance standards? May we be imposing a class based framework on them,
and could that have the tendency to drive them away? How about turning the
situation around? Suppose you wanted to take a course in some subject, maybe
a graduate level course. The teacher, in introducing the course says, "We
here at Humongous University want to help you learn this subject, and beyoud
that, we want to help you be better citizens, workers, and family members."
How would YOU react to that? rs