[NIFL-FOBASICS:146] Re: omeless

From: Jeri Levesque (levesqjr@webster.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 13:58:01 EDT

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:58:01 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Jeri Levesque <levesqjr@webster.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:146] Re: omeless

Mary,

I conducted a family literacy service learning project to establish a family
literacy center (we called it the LAF Room <Literacy and Families>) in a large,
urban homeless shelter. Student Literacy Corps tutors, college students
developed the center as a service learning project. We learned a lot about
serving the homeless. You can read about this in an article, by Levesque &
Prosser (1996) Service Learning Connections. Journal of Teacher Education, 47,
1, 325-334.

Best of Luck,

Jeri Levesque, Associate Professor
Webster University