[NIFL-FOBASICS:120] accountability

From: ralph silva (silva_ralph@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 22:48:03 EDT

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:48:03 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "ralph silva" <silva_ralph@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:120] accountability

HI. My name is Ralph Silva. I teach at the Adult Learning Center in
Brattleboro, VT. Our office is part of Vermont Adult Learning, a statewide
ABE organization. I will be taking over as moderator of this online FOB
discussion forum. Thanks to Barb Garner for giving me this opportunity to
help the cause.
I'd like to start the accountability discussion by posing a general
question. In the next few days, I will follow up with more specific
questions inspired by articles in the June FOB. Whoops, I see you've already
started. No problem.Here's my question;

How has the increasing emphasis on accountability affected what you do with
your learners? That is, do you have to assess differently/more, use more of
your time documenting, change the kind of class activites you do,have a
greater sense of learner progress? Discuss-we'll talk. RS