[NIFL-FOBASICS:114] Re: to the multiple intelligences authors

From: Barbara Garner (Barbara_Garner@jsi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 15:59:25 EDT

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:59:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barbara Garner" <Barbara_Garner@jsi.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:114] Re: to the multiple intelligences authors

Thanks for letting us know. We always wonder what impact Focus on
Basics is having.

Can you share more specifics: what were you teaching? What did you
do? What was the reaction of your students?

Has anyone else tried out "multiple intelligence"-related
activities?

Barbara Garner,
Focus on Basics

>>> <Mkenned99@aol.com> 08/19 9:31 AM >>>
The other night when my parenting class was over and the families
were all
gone a colleague came back to my classroom and exclaimed, "This
classroom is
a MESS!."  There were papers, markers, playdough, magazines, scissors
and
glue strewn over the floor and tables and writing all over the
chalkboard.
(If my colleague had come into the classroom 30 minutes earlier he
may have
said it was noisy, chaotic -- a mess!)  I took his comment as a great

compliment and said, "Yes --  It's a disaster-area.  It was a great
class!"
My students thought so, too.  Thank you to the authors of the FOB
issue on
multiple intelligences.  I might never have had such a "messy
classroom"
without your support!