[NIFL-FOBASICS:109] Workplace Literacy Feedback

From: BorderLT@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 20:25:13 EDT

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: BorderLT@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:109] Workplace Literacy Feedback

Hi Everyone,
Luz Taboada here. Director, The Workforce Literacy Training and Technical
Assistance Project.  I'm collecting brief definitions of workplace literacy
for a meeting in August. (You will find a description and focus of the
project below.)

Please send me

1.	Your brief definition of "Workplace Literacy."  (BRIEF is the
operative word here!)

2.	Your favorite website URL, and/or curriculum/instructional resource
related to workplace literacy.

Thanks for taking time to do this.  Will post synthesized responses at a
later date for your info.

Luz E. Taboada
El Paso Community College
4191 N. Mesa, Room 334
El Paso,  TX  79902
915-831-4796

PROJECT SUMMARY

Our mission is to provide cross-training in developing, implementing and
evaluating workforce literacy programs to adult education programs and their
workforce partners (One-Stop Workforce Centers, Workforce Development Boards,
service agencies, adult educators, and business/industry).

A special focus of the project is to enhance welfare-to-work efforts through
cross-training practitioners in the implementation of workplace literacy
programs for TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipients.

We serve as a resource to adult education programs interested in implementing
or expanding workforce literacy programs by collecting and synthesizing
information about workforce literacy models and programs nationwide including
workforce literacy instruction and curriculum design.

-----