[NIFL-FOBASICS:54] Re: Introduction

From: Ileap4esl2@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 10:57:20 EST

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:57:20 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Ileap4esl2@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:54] Re: Introduction

I am new to this list but I have had an interest on low or non-literacy for a
long time.  I have a general question.  Our program is free to adults 18 and
older living in NYC.  We are now in our second year of operation and are just
beginning to get low level students in our beginning classes.  We have an
excellent and experienced "beginning" teacher but sometimes it is difficult
for her to give enough attention to the low level students without neglecting
the higher level beginners in the class and v.v.

I occasionally substitute in this case and often err on the side of the low
level learner.  I would appreciate any suggestions you would have that might
help me.  Thank you very much for any insights, suggestions, assistance.

Sincerely,
Janet Burroughs, Program Director
Learning English Adult Program, Inc.
New York City