[NIFL-FOBASICS:191] Re: Topics

From: Loren McGrail (lmcgrail@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 06:07:50 EST

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:07:50 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Loren McGrail <lmcgrail@mindspring.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:191] Re: Topics

Barb,

We at Literacy South would like to see issues on the following topics.
We could probably contribute an article as well. The topics are:

1. Developing curriulum with low income adults--highlighting some of
the issues raised by Debbie D'Amico and the NCSALL Summit.

2. Civics Education for ESOL

3. Focus on "secondary measures" or alternative assessment measures
what are they and who is doing it

4. Web-based learning

5. Women's issues in literacy including issues of violence

6. Financial and economic literacy (hot topic here now that welfare
has changed)

We are working on all the above topics and issues in our programs and
projects and thus are interested in both sharing what we have learned
and hearing from others.

Hope this helps. As a professional development organization, we find
the journal immensely useful and often make copies of various articles
as handouts for our participants. Thank you.

Loren McGrail

--
Loren McGrail
Executive Director, Literary South