[NIFL-FOBASICS:115] Adult ed. research conference at Penn State--Call for Papers!

From: Eunice Askov (ena1@psu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 08:55:46 EDT

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:55:46 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Eunice Askov <ena1@psu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:115] Adult ed. research conference at Penn State--Call for Papers!

Penn State is hosting the Second Eastern Regional Adult Education Research
Conference on March 16 - 18, 2000, at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference
Center.  The conference planners are looking for sessions on practitioner
inquiry projects, distance education, student and faculty research,
literacy, and so forth.  Our two keynote addresses will be delivered by Dr.
Victoria Purcell-Gates, professor, Michigan State University, speaking
about her research on family literacy sponsored by the National Center for
the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy, and by Dr. Edward Taylor, new to
Penn State-Harrisburg (from Antioch College in Seattle), on his research.
We also hope for many great sessions, symposia, and roundtables!  Please be
a part of our conference!

The Call for Papers is available on the web:
<http://www.outreach.psu.edu/C&I/EasternAdultEducation/textonly.html>.  The
due date for the Call for Papers is October 1, 1999.  If accepted, your
paper will be published in a Conference Proceedings that will be available
at the conference.  Hope to see you next March!  Feel free to contact me
directly with any questions or concerns.  More information to come shortly
about our new Adult Education master's degree on the web!  Nickie Askov
<ena1@psu.edu>

Eunice N. Askov, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Head, Department of Adult Education, Instructional Systems, and Workforce
 Education & Development
Professor-in-Charge, Adult Education Program
The Pennsylvania State University
411 Keller Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814)865-0625; Fax: (814)865-2632
http://www.ed.psu.edu/aeiswfed/
Email: ENA1@psu.edu
                 and
Director, Institute for the Study of Adult Literacy
102 Rackley Building
Phone: (814)863-3777; Fax: (814)863-6108

Penn State's College of Education:
Celebrating Over 75 Years of Excellence