[NIFL-FOBASICS:26] Re: Introductions

From: Barbara (winvlf@richmond.infi.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 13:34:37 EST

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:34:37 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Barbara <winvlf@richmond.infi.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:26] Re: Introductions

My name is Barbara Gibson and I am replying to the request that we
introduce ourselves and tell why we have subscribed to the NIFL-FOBASICS
list serve. I am associate director of the Virginia Literacy Foundation
and the Workforce Improvement Network, a partnership between the
Foundation and James Madison University. In my general Foundation work, I
support community based literacy organizations in the state and am
beginning to direct a pilot project that will decentralize such support by
establishing four hub centers with part-time staff. The Workforce
Improvement Network provides training and development programs (including
a certification program for workplace program developers) and other
support services for adult education and literacy practitioners around the
state.

I enjoy Focus on Basics and look forward to discussions about the
articles. As you can tell from the description of my work, I can use a
wide range of information and ideas because I am involved in such diverse
activities.

Barbara Gibson
win-vlf@richmond.infi.net