[NIFL-FOBASICS:232] Re: Basic Writing Online

From: ralph silva (silva_ralph@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 23:27:55 EST

Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:27:55 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "ralph silva" <silva_ralph@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:232] Re: Basic Writing Online

Our program manager, here at the Vermont Adult Learning Brattleboro Learning
Center, has a basic writing group that meets at the center Wednesdays, and
via an online community that we recently set up. Students use it to get
assignments, that they then email to Walter(program manager). The online
community took a few minutes to set up in Hotmail. It works quite well, both
as a content delivery system, and as a means to increase student interest
and ability in the Internet world. Our writing group is open access. Check
it out at;
http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_threads&ID_Community=BLCWritingGroup&ID_Topic=0&Dir=0&ID_Last=0.
RS