[NIFL-FOBASICS:1480] expert

From: Janet Isserlis (Janet_Isserlis@brown.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 15:26:53 EDT

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:26:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Janet Isserlis <Janet_Isserlis@brown.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1480] expert

 I¹m not sure that I¹m not saying what everyone else has been getting at in
one  way or another, but ­ as has been suggested ­ why not just ask people
to talk   about something they know how to do, or think they¹re good at
doing?

 Expert is a loaded term, and it seems, in order to get at the question you
 really want to ask, it¹s not necessary.  Many people ­ learners, educators
 among them ­ shy away from the term; others embrace it.  It sounds like you
 really just want to know what people think they¹re good at doing, are
 competent at, so why not ask them that?

 Janet Isserlis