[NIFL-FOBASICS:1478] RE: Expertise in Low Literacy

From: Lucille Cuttler (l.cuttler@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 11:20:26 EDT

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Lucille Cuttler" <l.cuttler@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1478] RE: Expertise in Low Literacy

Do all teachers/instructors/tutors consider themselves "experts"?  The
knowledge we have gained will always fall short of what is to be acquired
and so we always need to keep learning.  That's what development is all
about.  The reach exceeds the grasp.

 In the light of knowing about learning differences, some people  may know
more about and be passionate about motors than about literature.  In the
area of expertise, let them consider themselves expert.  The self esteem is
worth it. Without self esteem, knowing he/she can DO it, the student loses
fire.   Lucille Cuttler