National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 1128] Keep link handy to find back issues

Julie McKinney julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Wed Feb 27 14:32:22 EST 2008

Donna brought up a good point that even articles that are several years old are often still relevant. Another reason to add the FOB/NCSALL link to your favorites or bookmark:

http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=31

As Barb said, it's really easy to find your topic and an article that fits your interest!

Julie

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator
World Education/NCSALL
jmckinney at worlded.org

>>> "Donna Chambers" <donnaedp at cox.net> 02/26/08 6:30 PM >>>

Let me just second what Janet has said here and add my own comments and
regrets on losing this incredible resource that has enriched my practice
for the past 11 years and in so doing enrighed the lives of many others by
what I learned and shared through these treasured pieces. I often find
myself googling a topic of interest to me in my work today only to come
across a Focus on Basics article published on the topic maybe six or seven
years ago or even longer. The article is just as relevant (maybe even more
so) than it was written. I am very sad that this fine work will now stop.
In my many years of Adult Education I have often been appalled at what gets
funded and what does not. I will miss the readings, the chats, the
enrichment. I would like to say to all involved in Focus on Basics over the
past 11 years, you have done your job well from the beginning to the end and
you have made me better for it. Thank you. . Donna Chambers