National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics] FOB on Corrections Education

Barbara Garner b.garner4 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 2 14:00:49 EST 2005

I'm not up to date on current corrections-related funding. Can anyone answer Lloyd's question?
Barb Garner
Editor, Focus on Basics

From: Lloyd David <lloyd_david at creativeworkplacelearning.org>
Date: Wed Nov 02 12:20:50 CST 2005
To: b.garner4 at verizon.net,
'The Focus on Basics Discussion List' <focusonbasics at dev.nifl.gov>
Subject: RE: [FocusOnBasics] FOB on Corrections Education

Barbara,
Several years ago we had a grant to do the CWL Adult Diploma Progrtam at the
Suffolk County hosue of correction. I do not remember the exact number of
graduate but do know that 70% of those who enrolled did graduate with a
standadrd high school diploma from a parochial high school in Boston. Do you
think there might be some funding to do a foolow up