[NIFL-WOMENLIT:2775] ProLiteracy Grant Opportunity - materials

From: jhugo (jhugo@proliteracy.org)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 18:16:38 EST

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:16:38 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: jhugo <jhugo@proliteracy.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:2775] ProLiteracy Grant Opportunity - materials

ProLiteracy has a grant program called the National Book Scholarship Fund
(NBSF). This year, ProLiteracy added women-focused basic literacy or ESL
programming to the list of NBSF emphases. I thought those on this list might
be interested. Organizations do not have to be a member of ProLiteracy to
take advantage of the grant (but we'd love it if you did join our network,
of course).

I invite you to check out the details by reading and following up on the
message below.....Jane Hugo, Director of Special Projects, ProLiteracy
America.

Grant Opportunity Details
Literacy programs have an opportunity to obtain books and materials to
improve the services they provide. Grant applications are now being accepted
for the National Book Scholarship Fund (NBSF), sponsored by ProLiteracy
Worldwide. NBSF grants distribute New Readers Press books and educational
materials to qualified adult literacy providers in the U.S.

The National Book Scholarship Fund gives special emphasis to grant
applications from family literacy programs, followed by English-as-a
Second-Language projects, adult basic educational programs, and projects
that involve women-focused basic literacy or ESL programming.

For more information about the NBSF or to apply, visit the NBSF Web site at
www.nbsf.org. The grant application will be available online in September
2003. The deadline for grant applications is December 4, 2003.

For additional information, contact Mara Roberts, project administrator, by
phone at 315-422-9121, ext. 345; by e-mail at mroberts@proliteracy.org; or
by writing the National Book Scholarship Fund, ProLiteracy Worldwide, 1320
Jamesville, Avenue, Syracuse, NY  13210.