[NIFL-WOMENLIT:2651] Re: women and alcoholism

From: Sylvan Rainwater (sylvan@cccchs.org)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 14:20:43 EDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sylvan Rainwater" <sylvan@cccchs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:2651] Re: women and alcoholism

As far as I can determine, the young Hispanic mothers who are my population
rarely have alcohol problems. Sometimes their husbands do have problems, and
sometimes we interact with them as well. I don't know that we have much in
the way of resources for them in Spanish. We don't address it in class, but
more likely on home visits or other more individual interactions.

Sylvan Rainwater   .   mailto:sylvan@cccchs.org
Family Literacy Coordinator
Clackamas County Children's Commission/Head Start
Oregon City, Oregon