National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy] PTO conference request for proposals

Daphne Greenberg ALCDGG at langate.gsu.edu
Thu Jan 12 11:50:54 EST 2006

THERE IS STILL TIME TO SEND YOUR PROPOSAL!
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS HAS BEEN
EXTENDED TO JANUARY 23!

We invite you to submit a proposal to present at
the workshop, or to register to attend the
conference at our website:

http://www.ptoweb.org

for

The 12th Annual Pedagogy & Theatre of the
Oppressed
International Conference
"Engaging Community: Creating Critical Praxis"

Go to the website: http://www.ptoweb.org for
guidelines and to submit your proposal online and
for information about the Conference, workshops,
and housing.

We are excited that Augusto Boal will conduct
pre-conference workshops May 15-18, and that
Michael Rohd will conduct a post conference
workshop "Devising Performance: Collaboration,
Engagement and Dialogue" on May 21-22. We are very
excited that our featured guests at the Conference
include Augusto Boal, Lilia Bartolome, Geneva Gay,
Linda Parris-Bailey (with Marquez Rhyne) and
Michael Rohd.

The new PTO Newsletter is now available at the
website. Read this issue and think about
submitting your news or an article for the next
issue.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions
or ideas you have about the conference or PTO, or
to submit an article for the next newsletter.
Contact information is on the website.

Thank you all for you involvement and commitment.
We hope to see you in May in North Carolina!

Sincerely,

Ellie Friedland, president,
and The Board of Pedagogy & Theatre of the
Oppressed