National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy] webcast

Daphne Greenberg alcdgg at langate.gsu.edu
Thu Jan 5 18:43:45 EST 2006

ANOTHER CORRECTION (I am so sorry for all of this...)
The webcast is open only to California libraries. However, it will be archived for public access. Here's the link to the archived version, which will be available
for anyone to watch by the end of the day Friday:
http://rurallibraries.org/webcasts/01-06-06/

>>> alcdgg at langate.gsu.edu 01/04/06 3:16 PM >>>

PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING WEBCAST TIME IS PACIFIC STANDARD TIME. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINGLY BASED ON WHERE YOU LIVE/WORK.
This is a reminder about an webcast scheduled for Friday, January 6, from 10:30 - noon. The results of the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy have finally been released -- but what do the figures really tell us and how do we tell our communities and the news media what the numbers mean in terms of adult learners and adult basic education? Join ProLiteracy Worldwide's Marsha Tait, senior vice president of public affairs and Rochelle Cassella, director of marketing and corporate communications for a presentation and question and answer session on analyzing and interpreting the 2003 NAAL. This webcast is sponsored by California Library Literacy Services, in cooperation with ProLiteracy Worldwide.

Friday, January 6, 10:30 am - Noon - FREE

To participate live, go to

http://rurallibraries.org/webcasts/01-06-06/

and take these three easy steps:

1. Test your computer (using the "Wizard" link at the bottom of the page)
2. Download and print Speaker Slides and Handouts
3. Register for webcast

If you can't join us live, come view the archive afterwards at

http://rurallibraries.org/webcasts/01-06-06/

The agenda will include:
* An analysis of the NAAL report
* Suggestions about how to talk to the media about it
* Some ideas about next steps we can all take to ensure good public relations and public awareness about literacy issues

About the Technology: A webcast is where the presenters are in a studio broadcasting live over the Internet, so you don't have to
travel - you can participate at your desktop computer. Some
libraries or literacy programs may want to project the webcast on a screen in a conference room, so that several participants can watch together.

If you have any questions, please contact Dan Theobald at 415-431-0329 or dtheobald at i2icom.com
--
Dan Theobald
Principal Consultant