National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 459] Re: Discussion - Reading Selection

Sarah Humpal shumpal at readingconnections.org
Thu Jul 27 13:39:57 EDT 2006

My top two picks are:
1. Chapter from Too Scared to Learn, "Learning in the Context of Trauma:
The Challenge of Setting Goals" (40 pages, single-spaced) Because the
book is currently in reprint, Jenny has agreed to make one chapter
available via email to those who participate in the group. I have
selected this chapter as it contains information that may be useful as
practitioners go back into their programs in September.
2. Moving Beyond "Stupid":

Thanks,
Sarah Humpal
Student Services Coordinator