National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 226] Re: WE LEARN Conference

Andrea Wilder andreawilder at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 09:59:00 EST 2006

All:

I felt accepted as a woman. The barriers that are usually present in a
male dominated conference weren't there. So how did this happen?

1) Flowers, massage, great food, live music.

2) In the workshops I went to the presenters made it a point to have
exercises which included all of us.

3) No female topics were off limits, I had the feeling that some of the
workshop leaders had seen it all--they were very calm. Excellent role
models. I learned a lot about being a woman.

Andrea