National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 308] Re: employment opportunities

mev at litwomen.org mev at litwomen.org
Fri Jun 2 15:55:44 EDT 2006

R.N.
I would recommend that you have a look at the SABES website - they
provide professional development in Massachusetts and their website
could give you some leads. (www.sabes.org) -- they sometimes have job
postings -- and you should try to get on the mailing lists of the
regional offices - they sometimes have job postings as well.

and have a look at the ACLS section of the Dept of Mass ed website
(http://www.doemass.org/acls/)

The only DOE funded literacy programs on the Cape are through ACCCESS
at Cape Cod community College - and on Martha's Vineyard.

The annual WE LEARN conference (www.litwomen.org/welearn.html) will
most likely be in the Boston area in March 2007 -- you might try to get
to that as well as a way to start making contacts with other women
involved in women's literacy issues in your area.

Hope this all helps.
Mev

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Director
182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910