National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 242] Re: Men in WOmens Groups

Andrea Wilder andreawilder at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 10:00:47 EST 2006

Ida,

No, I understand you and what you are saying. I probably didn't write
clearly. I've been musing over the last 24 hours about the plusses and
minuses of singular (new word) and mixed groups.

I think it is VERY important to know that I share characteristics with
other women, otherwise I would really feel out in left field in mixed
groups. That is why my class reunion is so important, I can explore
areas of commonality with my female classmates.

Knowing that I am biologically different from men n tear duct size,
hearing acuity and color discrimination is very helpful.

Thanks for introducing the topic.