National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 239] Re: Men in WOmens Groups

Andrea Wilder andreawilder at comcast.net
Sat Mar 25 13:02:57 EST 2006

It isn't that easy. I wrote about decking a guy verbally for something
he said that showed a bad attitude. It took enormous psychic strength
to speak up as I felt I had to, and I had to quickly run through my
head the possible downside of speaking up--not a job, not money, not
romance. So I spoke up.

There have been many times when I knew the reality was different and I
just shut up.

Andrea