National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 265] COABE

Daphne Greenberg ALCDGG at langate.gsu.edu
Mon Apr 24 08:24:40 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

Please join us in the following session at this year's COABE National Conference
in Houston, Texas:

Professional Development From Your "Inbox": Making the Most of National Discussion Lists
Saturday, 9:45 * 11:00
Presented by NIFL Discussion List Moderators:
Jackie Taylor, Adult Literacy Professional Development List
Marie Cora, Assessment List
Daphne Greenberg, Women & Literacy List

National online discussion lists provide an opportunity for ongoing professional development with colleagues, researchers, nationally-recognized experts and leaders in the field. Presenters will provide information regarding the National Institute for Literacy's discussion lists, emerging and key issues for each topic, upcoming discussion activities, and how to get the most from your discussion list subscription.

To this end, we encourage you to attend the session to discuss your own experience being a subscriber (writer or lurker!) on any of the Institute's Lists. Please come and share your thoughts on how newcomers can get the most out of their subscription, as well as provide us with feedback so that we can better serve your needs.

We look forward to meeting you in person!

Jackie Taylor, Moderator
Adult Literacy Professional Development List

Marie Cora, Moderator
Assessment List

Daphne Greenberg, Moderator
Women & Literacy List

The National Institute for Literacy's Discussion Lists are: Adult Literacy Professional Development, Assessment, Adult Education Content Standards, English Language Learners, Family Literacy, Focus on Basics, Health and Literacy, Learning Disabilities, Poverty, Race, and Literacy, Program Leadership and Improvement, Technology and Literacy, Women and Literacy, and Workplace Literacy.