[NIFL-HEALTH:4182] clinical research question

From: Clifford Coleman (colemanc@ohsu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 13:12:45 EDT

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:12:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Clifford Coleman" <colemanc@ohsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4182] clinical research question

Greetings,

My name is Cliff Coleman. I am a 4th-year resident in Family Medicine / Public Health & Preventive Medicine at Oregon Health and Science University. I am relatively new to the world of HL and to this list. In my own ongoing review of the literature, I have not found any reports of HL assessment tools being used in clinical settings (outside of research protocols). Is anyone aware of tools such as TOFHLA or REALM being used to tailor clinical services, or case management? Thanks,

Cliff Coleman, MD
OHSU
503-416-1758 (Mon-Wed)