[NIFL-HEALTH:4098] RE: request

From: james phillips (jphilip@tenet.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 19:55:37 EDT

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:55:37 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: james phillips <jphilip@tenet.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4098] RE: request

Ana,

    I don't think I answered your question about the site you sent.  It would depend on who is using the glossary and for what purpose.  For example, a native speaker of Spanish or a non-native speaker.  Or, someone
involved in occupational Spanish, medical Spanish, etc.  It's about like reading a Mexican newspaper, like La Reforma from Mexico City or Medlineplus in Spanish.  However, with this list it would take someone with a very
good vocabulary to be able to say 'that's not the way we say it in Argentina.'
james