[NIFL-HEALTH:3854] Re: library resources

From: Charles Moody (cmoody@nald.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 22:42:27 EST

Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:42:27 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Charles Moody <cmoody@nald.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:3854] Re: library resources

I too am interested in "classic health literacy resources". I am reading
these responses with great interest. Please share any comments with us all.

I am the manager and consultant for a literacy and health project in
Manitoba, Canada, which will bring literacy and health people together in a
series of 15 training sessions across our province. In preparation for this
project, I am reading everything I can find, and I'm convinced that
establishing partnerships between health institutions and literacy programs
is the way to go. I'm particularly impressed with the Participatory Action
Research model. I would welcome any comments and resources. If you're
interested, you can read about our project at www.health.mb.literacy.ca

Charles Moody,
Literacy Partners of Manitoba