[NIFL-4EFF:2052] ESL and EFF Voice articles

From: Donna Curry (donnac@clinic.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 09:45:44 EST

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:45:44 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Donna Curry" <donnac@clinic.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-4EFF:2052] ESL and EFF Voice articles

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1BEAA.5055C2C0

Good morning,

I have noticed recent discussion regarding ESL and EFF. Since many of =
you have now received the latest issue of the EFF Voice, I'd like to =
highlight two articles that specifically address ESL classrooms.

EFF in a Family Literacy Classroom (pages 7 - 9) focuses on a mixed ESL =
class. KT Lund, teacher from Central Oregon Community College =
illustrates how she used The EFF Standard Speak So Others Can Understand =
to design a learning activity.

Terry Kinzel, from Big Bend Community College explains how her teachers =
used the EFF Framework with ESL students in the article EFF Links =
Washington's Families That Work Initiative (pages 12 - 13).

Terry and KT shared their stories. Now why not share yours? What are =
some of the ways that you use EFF in your classroom? How do you design =
learning activities based on student needs and goals? How do you and =
your students assess progress?

By the way, if you do not have a hard copy of the EFF Voice, you can =
download a pdf version at =
http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/collections/eff/eff_publications.html

If you are not on our mailing list and would like to automatically =
receive our EFF Voice and HOT Topics publications when they are printed, =
send me an email at donnac@clinic.net.

Donna Curry
Publications Coordinator
EFF National Center
University of Maine
207/581-2402  x13

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1BEAA.5055C2C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b8b8b8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good morning,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have noticed recent =
discussion&nbsp;regarding ESL=20
and EFF. Since many of you have now received the latest issue of the EFF =
Voice,=20
I'd like to highlight two articles that specifically address ESL=20
classrooms.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2><EM>EFF in a Family Literacy =
Classroom</EM>=20
(pages 7 - 9) focuses on a mixed ESL class. KT Lund, teacher from =
Central Oregon=20
Community College illustrates how she used The EFF Standard <EM>Speak So =
Others=20
Can Understand</EM> to design a learning activity.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Terry Kinzel, from Big Bend Community=20
College&nbsp;explains how her teachers used the EFF Framework with ESL =
students=20
in the article <EM>EFF Links Washington's Families That Work =
Initiative</EM>=20
(pages 12 - 13).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Terry and KT shared their stories. Now =
why not=20
share yours? What are some of the ways that you use EFF in your =
classroom? How=20
do you design learning activities based on student needs and goals? How =
do you=20
and your students assess progress?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>By the way, if you do not have a hard =
copy of the=20
EFF Voice, you can download a pdf version at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/collections/eff/eff_publications.html">=
http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/collections/eff/eff_publications.html></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you are not on our mailing list and =
would like=20
to automatically receive our EFF Voice and HOT Topics publications when =
they are=20
printed, send me an email at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:donnac@clinic.net">donnac@clinic.net</A>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Donna Curry</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Publications Coordinator</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>EFF National Center</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>University of Maine</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>207/581-2402&nbsp; =
x13</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1BEAA.5055C2C0--