[NIFL-4EFF:2189] Addressing Real Issues

From: Spacone, Ronna (Contractor) (Ronna.Spacone@ed.gov)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 20:01:19 EDT

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:01:19 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Spacone, Ronna (Contractor)" <Ronna.Spacone@ed.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-4EFF:2189] Addressing Real Issues

Hi everyone,

While doing some research in the NIFL-4EFF archives today, I stopped to read
a discussion we had (last April) that pertained to facilitating Equipped for
the Future (EFF), what happens in staff development, the field's readiness
to use the EFF Standards and other Content Framework elements, and the
complexities of change.

In one of the messages, Eileen Eckert wrote,  "EFF as a framework for
improved teaching, learning, and accountability needs to be the answer (or
an answer) to problems teachers, tutors, and programs are facing, not an
imposed solution. I think we need to be starting with the issues we face and
looking to EFF for ways to frame the solutions, not starting with EFF and
looking for ways to apply it."

This made me wonder about the various issues people have possibly faced this
year. Did anyone, as Eileen suggested over a year ago, adopt a
problem-solving approach and look to EFF to frame a solution? What was the
issue you faced? How did you use EFF to frame a solution? And what happened
as a result? What do you expect to see happen next?

And on a slightly different note, what was the most interesting or important
issue you faced this year related to EFF?

Interested in your ideas,

Ronna

Ronna Spacone
(202) 233-8767