[NIFL-4EFF:2120] Re: Drug and Alcohol Recovery resources

From: Nancy Norcross (nannorcross@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 18:32:05 EDT

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:32:05 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Nancy Norcross <nannorcross@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-4eff@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-4EFF:2120] Re: Drug and Alcohol Recovery resources

Hi Ruth,
books used in both alcohol recovery programs as well
as drug rehab. facilities: namely, the "big book"
titled 'Alcoholics Anonymous", the 'Narcotics
Anonymous' book and the '12 x 12,' 'Twelve Steps and
Twelve Traditions.' The first two books have personal
stories in the back of them and may be of high
interest to the audience in question.
In addition, an informational interview at one of your
local treatment centers may prove useful.  They have a
lot of material geared towards educating the substance
abuse population...reading levels will vary at best.

--- Ruth.Sugar@phila.gov wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to find drug and alcohol recovery
> materials geared toward
> adults, that are written at below an 8th grade
> reading level.  Thank you in
> advance for any suggestions.
>
> Ruth Sugar
> Special Projects Coordinator
> Mayor's Commission on Literacy
> Municipal Services Building
> 1401 JFK Blvd., Suite 1040
> Philadelphia, PA 19102
> (215) 686-4495
> fax: (215) 686-4417
> ruth.sugar@phila.gov

=====
Nancy D. Norcross
Literacy Tutor/Learner Coordinator
READ/San Diego
San Diego Public Library Adult Literacy Services
5148 Market Street San Diego CA 92114
Phone: (619) 527-5475 general   -5478 direct
FAX:   (619) 527-5485