Home Page | Search FDA Site |
FDA A-Z Index | Contact FDA
July 9, 1998
1. Determination to file an application
2. FDA invention disclosure report goes to patent advisor/contract attorney for:
3. A patent advisor/contract attorney contacts FDA inventor during patient application preparation as necessary.
4. An appropriate application is filed in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office:
5. At this point a patent may be issued.
6. The invention is licensed by OTT on behalf of FDA.
7. At this point a patent may be issued.
8. Royalties are received by NIH and transferred to FDA for distribution under current law.
Note: All patents may not result in licensing.