Skip to content
Social Security Online
SSA logo: link to Social Security Online home

Find An Answer to Your Question

Are you an employer? See answers to your W-2 Reporting questions.
Ask a Question
 My FAQ Update Notifications 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
     Search Tips? 
  Answer ID  

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  I receive checks by direct deposit. Must I still notify you that I have moved?
  I receive checks direct deposited to my bank. Must I still notify Social Security that I have moved to a new address?

Yes. We need your correct mailing address to send you notices and other correspondence about your benefits even if you receive your checks directly deposited to your bank.

You can change your address online by answering a series of questions that have to match our records. You can also change your address on the Internet if you have established a permanent password.

If you would like to get a password, you can apply online or you can call us at 1-800-772-1213. A change of address also may be reported to our local Field Offices. Addresses and telephone numbers of these offices may be obtained from the Social Security Office Locator.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Search for Another Answer
  Search for Another Answer  

Privacy Policy | Website Policies & Other Important Information | Site Map         Need Larger Text?