[NIFL-FAMILY:1112] Re: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:2167] Re: and, to add

From: Janet Isserlis (Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 08:52:33 EDT

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Janet Isserlis <Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1112] Re: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:2167] Re: and, to add

Gail and all

My purpose in posting titles here (and I can only speak for myself)
is to alert colleagues to other rigorous and important work that I
believe can be useful in shaping both policy and practice.  I know
that there has been much discussion of late on the NLA list about
rigor, evidence and scientific research;  certainly the pieces that I
cited meet those criteria as far as I can tell.  I wonder if we want
- on the women's and family lists - to explore what we mean when we
talk about research?

Janet Isserlis