[NIFL-FAMILY:1052] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

From: AWilder106@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 16:37:17 EDT

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:37:17 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AWilder106@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1052] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

Ted,

This might not be much of a reply, but we just did it.  "We" was an
elementary school that trained apprentice teachers in our own program that
later was connected up with 2 universities and was written up last winter in
Ed. Week.  It was a very grass roots movement, and because we were so
successful at training teachers and became known for that, the program just
reached up and out.  The school now trains teachers for many settings, the
teacher training program is located in the school rather than in one of the
participating universities.

Andrea