[NIFL-FAMILY:1031] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

From: Weyler Bettie (bettieweyler@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 11:30:34 EDT

Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Weyler Bettie" <bettieweyler@mindspring.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1031] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C1EEA7.5CE141E0

Note of caution:
Please be aware that many people do not care for home visits from anyone =
because they don't want anyone to see how they have to live.
I taught in downtown neighborhood and had to establish a lot of trust =
before I even tried that.  Often, the visits from caseworkers and the =
like are the only stress they need.
It's a lot easier to get some fairly nice-looking clothes to look good =
than to afford decent housing.
Bettie =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20