[NIFL-FAMILY:1007] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

From: Weyler Bettie (bettieweyler@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 17:28:12 EDT

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:28:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Weyler Bettie" <bettieweyler@mindspring.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1007] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C1EC7E.0AE811A0

I am a retired teacher.  The best years of my working life were in a an =
open classroom.  Three teachers and three classes occupied a very =
comfortable space.  We were trained in teamwork as an entire faculty.  =
We didn't care who dropped in.
I had a habit of walking backwards to the "front" and walked right into =
the arms of supervisors, superintendents, school board members!  The =
principal was used to me so he stayed out of my way.
Our self-confidence, as a faculty, was awesome!
Bettie=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20