[NIFL-FAMILY:693] Re: PACT Time Materials

From: Sylvan Rainwater (sylvan@cccchs.org)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 16:47:39 EST

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:47:39 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Sylvan Rainwater <sylvan@cccchs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:693] Re: PACT Time Materials

At 09:13 AM 01/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't mean to be using improper etiquette, but the two selections on my
>computer read "reply" and "reply to all".  I thought by choosing the "reply"
>option I could correspond with the individual who sent the message, but
>apparently this is not so.  I guess in the future I will look for their
>email address to respond to instead, right?

Right. Email lists are set up differently -- in some the default is to
"reply" only to the person who originally posted, but in this one it is set
up to reply to the list. So whenever you hit "Reply" your post goes to
everyone on the list. If you hit "Reply All" it actually puts the list
address twice, and everyone gets two copies of the message.

So what you have to do is make sure you have the address of the person you
want to post to, hit reply, and replace the list address in the "To:" field
with the intended recipient's address. Using cut-and-paste can help avoid
typographical errors in putting that address in the right spot.

Sylvan Rainwater  .  sylvan@cccchs.org
Adult Education Teacher and Family Literacy Program Manager
Clackamas County Children's Commission  .  Oregon City, OR USA