[NIFL-FAMILY:801] RE: Concern about federal support for Family Li

From: David Chandler (david.chandler@admin.bvsd.k12.co.us)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 13:46:16 EST

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:46:16 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: David Chandler <david.chandler@admin.bvsd.k12.co.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:801] RE: Concern about federal support for Family Li

I questioned Joe Johnson at the ESEA meeting in San Antonio in December
after he failed to mention FAMILY LITERACY in his discussion. His response
was reserved, saying that he felt some Even Start programs had shown
success. I don't think he's aware of the study-Even Start: An Effective
Literacy Program..., NCFL, 1997.