ODEP implements a number of initiatives and offers a variety of resources to help federal agency partners and collaborators understand issues related to the employment of people with disabilities. Links to these resources are centralized on this page. In addition, federal agency partners and collaborators are encouraged to visit the Workforce, Employer and Research sections of ODEP's Web site.
Recruitment and Retention
- Opening Doors to All Candidates: Tips for Ensuring Access for Applicants with Disabilities
- Focus on Ability: Interviewing Applicants with Disabilities
- Strategic Connections: Recruiting Job Candidates with Disabilities
- Cultivating Leadership: Mentoring Youth with Disabilities
Employment Laws and Legal Issues
- Employers and the ADA: Myths and Facts
- Employment Laws: Disability & Discrimination
- Employment Laws: Medical and Disability-Related Leave
- Employment Laws: Overview & Resources for Employers
- Customized Solutions for Today's Workforce: The Job Accommodation Network
- Investing in People: Job Accommodation Situations and Solutions
- The Job Accommodation Process: Steps to Collaborative Solutions
Disability and Workplace Culture
- Practical Solutions: Customized Employment
- DisabilityInfo.gov-Employment Section/Federal Employment Resources
- Perspectives on Employment of People with Disabilities in the Federal Sector
- Customized Employment
- Disability Mentoring Day (DMD)
- Workforce Recruitment Program
- Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities
Technical Assistance Services
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Employer Assistance and Recruiting Network (EARN)
- Disability and Business Technical Assistance Centers (DBTACs)
- Customized Employment: Practical Solutions for Employment Success
- Preparing the Workplace for Everyone: Accounting for the Needs of People with Disabilities
- What is the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- What is National Disability Employment Awareness Month?
- Where can I find more information on specific disabilities or medical conditions?
- Where can I access employers who have had successful experiences hiring people with disabilities?
- What are my obligations as an employer under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act and where can I get technical assistance?
- Where can I get information about making workplace accommodations?
- Where can employers find qualified applicants with disabilities?
- How do I know whether I am complying with the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act?
Federal agency partners and collaborators may also find information of interest in ODEP’s online News Room, including recent news releases, speeches and additional publications.